Training for Priests
Pornography use is one of the most common sins confessed by Catholics today. Many priests realize that it is no longer good enough to simply say to them, “you’ve made a good confession, try to stay away from porn, and for your penance say….”
Priests want training on how to protect families from pornography and how to help those who struggle with pornography addiction recover. In response to this, the Fighting Porn in Our Culture…and Winning! conference program was created.
The Fighting Porn in Our Culture…and Winning! conference program is specifically designed for training priests.
The conference series address the following topics:
- The pornography problem in America
- How pornography affects women and marriages
- How pornography affects children and teens
- The addictiveness of pornography
- The recovery process for pornography addiction
- What priests can do to help protect families from pornography
- How priests can help those who struggle with pornography use/addiction
- What priests can say in confession that will encourage men and women to get help for pornography addiction
Here is a list of just some of the dioceses, seminaries, religious communities, universities, and organizations that have requested the Fighting Porn in Our Culture…and Winning! conference program since 2010:
- Archdiocese of New York, NY
- Mount Saint Mary’s Seminary
- Franciscan University of Steubenville
- Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, MO
- Women of Grace Leadership Conference
- St. John Fisher Seminary Residence
- Oblates of St. Joseph
- Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity (S.O.L.T.)
- Franciscan Friars of the Eternal Word (EWTN)
- Missionaries of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary (M.SS.CC)
- Opus Dei Conferences for Parents
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee, WI
- Archdiocese of St. Paul – Minneapolis, MN
- Diocese of Sioux Falls, SD
- Oklahoma City Marriage Retreat
- Diocese of Lafayette, LA
- Diocese of Cleveland, OH
- Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS) Training Conference
- Rachel’s Vineyard Retreat
- Diocese of Rockville Centre, NY
- Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas
- Diocese of Gallup, NM
- Diocese of Brooklyn, NY
- Mount Angel Seminary
- Diocese of Richmond, VA
- Diocese of Fargo, ND
- St. Joseph’s in the Hills/Malvern Retreat House Men’s Retreats
- and many more!
Positive feedback has been received at all conferences! More priests are realizing the need for such crucial training and requesting it. Conferences are usually organized by Vicar for Clergy, Priest Continuing Education, and/or Diocesan Family Life Offices. Hand-outs are provided at all conferences with valuable resources for priests, along with copies of all PowerPoint presentations.
Priests are on the “front lines” of the pornography epidemic in America because they hear of it so often in confession. However, this puts them in a wonderful position to help parishioners.
With proper training, priests can help protect marriages and families and lead people to the help they need!
For more information and/or to schedule a Fighting Porn in Our Culture…and Winning! conference, contact Peter Kleponis, Ph.D. at 610-397-0960. Schedule your training conference today!